UFA believes that the Canadian Agricultural Partnership is an essential component to the long-term
success of the agricultural industry in Alberta and agrees with the current strategic direction which
focuses on research and innovation, environmental stewardship, food safety, biosecurity, business
management, market development, traceability, livestock welfare, energy efficiency and water management.
UFA supports a Canadian Agricultural Partnership that will ensure:
- Market development investments are made across entire agriculture value chain and commodity sectors;
- The development and continuation of risk management tools that better mitigate damages associated
with increased weather volatility;
- Best on-farm management practices;
- Funding for broader government initiatives that are outside the Ag Policy Framework is maintained;
- Flexibility in the use of the funds and programs to support ever changing needs for growth and
innovations in agriculture;
- Fair and efficient program funding that is easily accessible, communicated, and advertised to all
- That policies and programs reflect the agricultural diversity among provinces; and
- Extensive consultation and input from stakeholders across the entire agricultural sector.
- Increase funding to the new five year plan, supporting the agricultural sector in contributing to
overall economic development.